As a leader, do you want to inspire, motivate, educate, build brands, launch movements, and change lives? Then you MUST be able to package your ideas into a compelling and concise story.
On this episode of Gen X Amplified, we are actually going to talk all about the power of story. And we could not have asked for a better featured guest, than master communicator and storyteller – Carmine Gallo.
Subscribe to Gen X Amplified
Carmine Gallo is a communications coach for the world’s most admired brands. A former anchor and correspondent for CNN and CBS – Carmine’s mission is to help business leaders craft compelling messages, tell inspiring stories, and share their ideas. He has worked with executives at Intel, Google, Disney, The Four Seasons, Cisco, LinkedIn, and many other global brands.
As a prolific author, Carmine has written several groundbreaking books that primarily focus on communication, including: The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs, The Apple Experience, and Talk Like TED.
Now his latest book, The Storyteller’s Secret: From TED Speakers to Business Legends, Why Some Ideas Catch On and Others Don’t, is a must read for any leader in today’s marketplace. This very practical guide on the power of narrative, demonstrates how leaders of such powerful brands as Apple, Virgin, and Southwest Airlines have attracted valuable talent and achieved success by telling their stories well.
During the value-packed episode of Gen X Amplified, Carmine and I discuss why storytelling is the secret ingredient to business and leadership success. We also unpack many insights from the book, including specific examples of visionaries like Steve Jobs, Sheryl Sandberg, and others who create compelling stories as essential elements in their journey.
- Why storytelling is the most underrated and under appreciated skill among leaders and entrepreneurs today.
- Did you know that the most successful speeches, presentations, and stories incorporate a familiar 3-act structure?
- Why Carmine write books not because of money, but because he believes in the “power of ideas” to change the world
- Having a “passion” for your topic is a must-have for great communication
- Hear why the most recent and successful movements such as the “ice bucket challenge”and Sheryl Sandberg’s “Lean In” were launched with powerful stories
- Understand why Steve Jobs was probably the world’s greatest storyteller
- Companies that create a storytelling culture can increase profits and decrease employee turnover. Hear why.
- And so plenty more!
Awesome Resources from this Episode:
- Carmine’s Website
- The Storyteller’s Secret website
- The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs
- Talk Like TED
- Carmine on Twitter
- Carmine on Facebook
Carmine’s Personal Theme Song!
Carmine’s Recommended Tools/Resources
- Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam Grant
- Creativity Inc. by Ed Catmull